I hope you enjoy.
Happy Mothers Day to all the women of our past, present, and future.
Stuffed Red Peppers
- 2 cups brown short grain rice, cook in 5 cups of water until mostly done
- 2 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 4 cups zucchini, 1 inch cubes
- 2 lbs red skinned potatoes, 1/2 inch cubes
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 quart vegetable stock (VS)
- 1/2 bunch mint ,fresh, chopped
- 1/2 bunch dill, fresh , chopped
- 1/2 jar grape leaves, drained
- salt, as desired
- white pepper ground, as needed, about 1 T or to taste
- 10 whole red peppers, cut in half,remove seeds
- red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp
- tomato diced,canned, undrained
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar, champagne or apple cider
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook Brown Rice. 2 cups of uncooked rice.
Cook celery for 4min in a stainless skillet with 2-4 T of Vegetable Stock (VS). Set aside.
Steam potatoes for 4 min. Set aside.
Saute onion for 4 mins in 2-4 T of VS. Set Aside.
Saute Garlic for 2 mins in 2 T of VS.Set aside
Saute Zuchinni for 4 min. 4-6 T of VS. Set aside.
Combine the above in a large bowl.
Now add the Olive oil,mint,dill, parsley,salt, pepper, red pepper, diced plum tomatoes and vinegar.
Taste and adjust seasonings.
Line baking dish with the grape leaves and pour a layer of the canned diced tomatoes in the bottom.
Stuff peppers with filling.
Place stuffed pepper halves in pan and cover each with a grape leaf.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
Bake for 1 hour.
Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
They can be frozen before or after they are baked.